Friday, August 3, 2018

The Funny Side of Parenting

National Center for Biblical Parenting
www.biblicalparenting.org

Used by permission


Never Having Kids!
We live in a fast-paced world with microwave ovens, drive through restaurants, and quick-serve everything.  It does something to the way kids think.
A little girl said to her friend, "I'm never having kids!  I hear they take nine months to download!"


On His Deathbed

Mr Jenkins, on his deathbed, knew the end was near. His nurse, his wife, his daughter, and his two sons were with him. He asked for two witnesses to be present and a camcorder be in place to record his last wishes, and when all was ready he began to speak:
    "My son, Bernie, I want you to take the Mayfair houses."
    "My daughter, Sybil, you take the apartments over in the east end."
    "My son, Jamie, I want you to take the offices over in the City Centre."
    "Sarah, my dear wife, please take all the residential buildings on the banks of the river."
    The nurse and witnesses are blown away as they didn't realize his extensive holdings, and as Bill slipped away, the nurse said, "Mrs. Jenkins, your husband must have been such a hard-working man to have accumulated all this property."
    The wife replied, "He had a paper route."



Taking a Walk with Newborn Daughter
One afternoon I was walking on a trail with my newborn daughter in the stroller. I chatted to her about the scenery and the weather as we went along. When a man and his dog approached, I leaned over and half whispered, "See the doggy?"

Suddenly I felt a little silly talking to a baby as if she understood me. But just as the man passed, I noticed he reached down, patted his dog and said, "See the baby?"

No comments: