Sunday, May 21, 2017

Patterns for Living ~ A Jesus Christ Original

Thanks to Gayenelle Wakely who shared this with me!

$ Priceless                                             All Sizes

Material Required:
A life (young or old) filled with determination, will power, and the Spirit of God.  Synthetic material not recommended.

Notions Needed:
Elasticity                               Interfacing

Variety                                   Lip Zipper
Sense of Humor                   Backbone Stiffening

Measurements:
How wide is your understanding?
How long is your patience?
How deep is your love?                          Galatians 5:22-23


Pattern Instructions:
Step 1 ~ Pattern for Adjustment
"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God."
~ Colossians 1:10
"He must increase, but I must decrease."
~ John 3:30

Step 2 ~ Planning the Layout
"Let all things be done decently and in order."
~ I Corinthians 14:40

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."
~ Matthew 6:33

Step 3 ~ Instructions for Cutting
Cut all the unkind criticism, gossip, and fault finding.
"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you..."
~ Ephesians 4:31

Step 4 ~ Seam Allowance
Give others the benefit of the doubt.
"And let us not be weary in well doing for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.  As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."
~ Galatians 6:9-10

Step 5 ~ Pressing
It is necessary to press after each step.
"I press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 3:14

Step 6 ~ Putting Together

"Add to your faith virtue; to virtue knowledge; to knowledge temperance; to temperance patience; to patience godliness; to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness love."

~ II Peter 1:5-7

Step 7 ~ Insertion

Join in some joy and laughter.
"A merry heart doeth good like medicine."
~ Proverbs 17:22
"Yes, happy is that people whose God is the Lord."
~ Psalm 144:15

Step 8 ~ Ruffling
Don't get ruffled.  There's none called for in this pattern!
"Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you."
~ I Peter 5:7

Step 9 ~ Zipper (Lips)
"Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips."
~ Psalm 141:3
(Translation of above)  "Lord, fill my mouth with proper stuff, and nudge me when I've said enough."

Step 10 ~ Facing (the Task)

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."
~ Philippians 4:13
"In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works."
~ Titus 2:7

Step 11 ~ Finishing Details
"I have finished my course; I have kept the faith."
~ II Timothy 4:7
"Be thou faithful until death, and I will give thee a crown of life."
~ Revelation 2:10

No comments: