Saturday, October 31, 2015

Precious Gems

Compiled by Lois Breneman

Thanks to all who contribute to Precious Gems!  Anyone is welcome to send kids' quotes to me at jhbreneman@juno.com to be considered for this segment.

Mom: Why did you kick your friend at school? That isn't acceptable.
Brooklyn (5): Well...like...I knew I couldn't punch.
This kid will be the death of me. ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
I love that my girl asked me how to "increase the tempo" of the windshield wipers.  She's mine, for sure! ~ Jennifer in Virginia (Note from Lois: Jennifer is a "Musical Mom!")

Malakai (7): "Mommy, are hush puppies something you give to puppies to hush them up...like when you're watching football or something and they just keep barking?" ~ Danielle in Alabama

 
My children's take on fair food:
Mia (6) ~ "That food made my tummy angry, Mommy. Can I have some broccoli instead?"
Eva (9) ~ "That corn was $4.00 an EAR!!  I told Daddy, 'You can get 5 for a $1.00 at Food Lion.'" ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
I told Malakai (7) to sit down & calm down for a minute. His response while wiping the sweat from his brow: "Oh, Whew, I need to let my strength settle for a little bit!" ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Madison's (3) plan for the day: "First I will go potty, then we will go to the grocery store, then we will eat lunch, then I will play 'play doh', then I will go to bed, then I will wake up and play soccer, then God and Jesus will pick us up and we will go up in heaven." ~ Lauren in Virginia

No comments: