Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Precious Gems

Compiled by Lois Breneman

Thanks to all those who have given permission to include your children's precious gems in Heart to Heart and on my blog!

This morning during family devotions we were talking about God's love and reviewing how happy and lovely the Garden of Eden was and then how everything changed and they were miserable and sad and life was so terrible. I asked them,"What happened?"  My Gabriel (5) doesn't miss a beat...and with solemn eyes and a dead serious heart says, "Then they got married!"  Yep folks. Setting a great example and modeling a wonderful marriage apparently. ~ Lauren in Virginia

Amiya (7): "Mommy, you know that story in the Bible about King Solomon that had 700 wives? That's a lot of good night kisses."
Malakai (7): "Yeah, I think he had lipstick everywhere!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

Standing at the counter, I took my allergy medicine this morning.  My son, gleefully announced to the household, " Mama's taking a nap today!" (Perhaps I should look into other medications...) ~ Rachel in Virginia

My daughter, Mara, who is battling cancer, shared a sweet moment with me yesterday as I took her to a doctor's appointment.  Her six-year old, Samuel, warmly placed his hands on her cheeks and said, "Mommie, you are beautiful and wonderfully made!" ~ Madeline in Virginia

Dillon (2): "Hey Mom! I wanna go outside and play tennis with my baseball club!!"
Oh how I love him. ~ Tiffany in Virginia

Emily (2), eating warm banana bread, said to me, "Mama, this bread is horrible. More please." ~ Rachel in Virginia

Jake (3) while riding in the van: Bank you for my crate.
Me: You're crate?
Jake: Yeah.
Me: What crate?
Jake: the one you put me in when I was a baby.
Me: you mean your crib?
Jake: yeah, my crib
Me: oh, you're welcome. ~ Jenny in Ohio

(After moving to a new home) Brookie (5) opened the front door wearing her nightgown and yelled at the new neighbors that she loved them and hoped they sleep good tonight. Glad we got that out of the way so they don't think we are a nice normal family. ~ Lauren in Virginia

You know you're having a tough day when you're running to the parking lot and your pants fall all the way down to your knees. Thankfully, she's only five. And thankfully the giggles that came afterward made the embarrassing mama moment totally worth it. ~ Amy in Virginia

Trying to play tag with Malakai (He's fast!)
Malakai (7) says: "Mommy, I'm like a jaguar and you're like a moose!"  ~ Danielle in Alabama

My daily trivia with Benjamin (4):
Benjamin -Cats chase mice, what chases cats?
Me- Dogs
Benjamin - What chases dogs?
Me- umm bears maybe?
Benjamin - what chases bears?
Me- how about a lion?
Benjamin - what chases a lion?
Me- I don't know. A cheetah.
Benjamin - What chases a cheetah?
Me- Nobody because he is the fastest.
Benjamin -......Cheetahs eat Cheetos
Yes the fastest animal in the world eats Cheetos, therefore they must be good for you right?!?! ~ Heather in Virginia

A (fairly typical) one minute conversation with my twelve year old:
Ella (12) - I think you should have another baby.
Me - Really. You seem to enjoy your younger sister so much (sarcasm).
Ella - It wouldn't be annoying until I was already out of the house.
Ella (cont.) - And I will be taking a gap year when I am 16.
Me - You can't take a gap year when you are still in high school.
Ella - I can't do it when I graduate. 2021 would be a terrible year to travel across the country because of the predicted cicada infestation. ~ Beth in Ohio

Took hubby to dinner for his birthday. Amiya (7) opens her napkin and finds two forks.  She says: "I know why they give us two forks...so when we drop one on the floor, we have another one!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

Amiya (7) and Malakai (7) pretending to be dinosaurs.  Amiya is the mom and Malakia, the baby...
Amiya: "We're going to move to Alaska."
Malakai: "But it's so cold there, I don't want to go there."
Amiya: "But God can use you no matter where you go...you could be meat for another animal..." ~ Daniel in Alabama

No comments: