Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Great & Mighty Things, & Dinner & Diapers

by Michelle Gill
www.michellegill.us

 
"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things,
which you do not know."  Jer. 33:3

God is much more chatty than most people believe.  Reread familiar Bible stories and take notice of how many times He says "I tell you this before it happens so when it does, you will know I am the Lord your God and it is I Who have done this."  Sometimes we wait on life to happen to us and then call out to Him.  God desires much more than a last minute rescue.  He has things to tell us about today, tomorrow, yesterday and many days to come.  He has things to tell us beyond our thinking in the middle of dinner and diapers or wherever you are in life at this moment.

Take some time and ask Him.  Ask Him to show you your future in some area.  "Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets."  Amos 3:7

Jesus told His disciples repeatedly, "I tell you this, so you will remember I told you before it happened." (Matt. 24:25, John 16:13, John 14:29)  He loves intimacy and our dependency on Him.  He loves to chat and for us to trust Him enough to obey and rest in Him, and then SEE it happen with Him.

He has always given me a picture of what will be in my life before it seemed possible.  Only once could I not see and that was for my protection.  He loves saying, "Watch this!"  He loves a heart that adores Him.  He loves to show us the impossible.  He loves to calm us with singing.  He loves to do everyday life with us.  He loves to laugh.  But rarely is He ever silent.  I think we assume that He is silent much more than He is.  Ask.  He will tell you Great & Mighty Things which you do not know.  Are you listening?

No comments: