Thursday, November 21, 2013

Precious Gems

Thanks so much, ladies, for your contributions and permission!

Cute conversation with a 4-year old who just started attending a Christian pre-school:
My grandson, James, told me that the Holy Spirit talks to him every morning. I didn't want to over-react, but I was thrilled about what a holy and deeply spiritual little boy he was becoming.  I calmly asked him where he is when the Spirit talks to him.  He replied, "In school.  Every morning he gets on the big microphone and tells us stuff."  Of course, he was referring to the morning announcements. ~ Maria in Ohio

Our family has been so excited about having some missionaries in our home this week!  As evidenced by three year old, Julianne's question as soon as she woke up from her afternoon nap: "When will the disciples be here?" ~ Jennifer in Virginia
 
Me: I love u!
Leila (1 1/2): Too!
Me: More!
Leila: uh-uh!!! ~ Vera in Virginia

Funny Moment of the Day and one of my favorite Maverick quotes: While Maverick (2) was sitting at the table finishing his lunch I thought I would work on my grocery list. As I headed into the root cellar, Maverick hollers after me, "Excuse me, doll baby". . I couldn't contain my laughter! What a little charmer! ~ Leigh Ann on Virginia

Joshua (12) is filling in a form that asks: "Do you have any known allergies or sensitivities? His answer for allergies: "Seasonal." For sensitivities: "When I see puppies on the side of the road." LOL- that's his sensitivity.  ~ Penny in Virginia  (tender-hearted)
 
The other week I pulled up at my three grandsons' house and they were playing in leaves (ages 4, 6, 9, & 10)  They excitedly told me, "Mr. Forbes (their elderly next door neighbor) let us HAVE some of HIS leaves!" ~ Janet in Virginia

I told Karlie that the date was 11-12-13, and she adds, "Wow, I am 10 on 11-12-13!" ~ Julie in Washington
 
The way Sophie (2) says caterpillar is so sweet - "Cat-uh-pillapillapilla!" ~Lori in Virginia

We were eating out after church one Sunday night and Sophie (2) was just messing with her hamburger so one of us took it and I think maybe threw it away.   She looked around and asked, "Hey!  Where did my my ham a booga booga go?"  We all burst out laughing.  Of course, you just have to be there in person and see the animation! ~ Janet in Virginia (Grammy)

When I picked up the kids from school, a little boy says, "Amiya, your mommy doesn't look like you."

Amiya (5): "Well, we all look different." ~ Blonde, fair-skinned mama, Danielle, who with her husband, adopted twins from Uganda  (Good answer!)

Note to self: Don't ask a question unless you're prepared to hear the answer.

Me (teaching from Trevor's health book): So what's another good thing to see with your eyes? How about the faces of people you love?
Trevor (6): Yep.
Me: Would you be sad if you couldn't see my face anymore?
Trevor: Yeah, but when I get married I probably won't see your face anymore.
Well, at least I know where I stand! ~ Jennifer in Virginia


Malakai (5): "Know what? I make our teacher laugh so hard because I'm soooo cute!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

Last night Aiden (7) woke up afraid of the wind but this morning when I woke him up for school he said, "Mommy, I wasn't afraid anymore when I went back to bed, because I prayed and God took the wind away." I love this boy and I love that he knows he can go to God for anything. ~ Bethany in Virginia

No comments: