Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas Tidbits

Christmas Story
How about reading the Christmas story from Luke 2:1-11 on Christmas morning before opening gifts?  Another idea might be for your children or grandchildren to dress up and act out the Christmas story according to Luke 2!
 

Good News of Christ's Birth
"Often, the Good News of Christ's birth is given only a cursory nod before moving on to what has become the 'real' reason for the Christmas - receiving a windfall of goodies from the jolly fellow in the red suit." - Nancy Twigg – Contributed by Barb Campbell, MS
 
Study Links Christmas, Christianity and Happiness:
There's just something about the "most wonderful time of the year."

A Christmas Candle
by Eva K. Logue – Contributed by Annamarie Kresge of Virginia

A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away;
While quite unselfish, it grows small.

 

My Snowball
Author Unknown - Contributed by Elsie Wertz of Virginia
I made myself a snowball, as perfect as could be.
I thought I’d keep it as a pet, and let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas and a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away, but first, it wet my bed!

No comments: