Saturday, June 29, 2013

Precious Gems

As always, ladies, thanks so much for these cute kids' quotes!  I love them!

Me: "You are going to Gram-B's house today.  I have to go to the doctor and get a shot and I am not taking you with me."
Brooklyn: "You get a shot?"
Me: "Yep."
Brooklyn: "You not cry. Otay?  You be weally brave.  You have to. Dats what you have to do. Yike me." ~ Lauren in Virginia
Dinner conversation went like this:
Gracie: Mom, Sophie (one of our neighbor's kids who is 5 or 6) told me she had a boyfriend, and his name is Andrew.
Me: Oh really.
Grace: Yes, but don't worry I told her she was too little for that and that she should wait until she was married to have a boyfriend.
WOW...where do I begin with that one! hahah! ~ Maria in Virginia

Tonight when we were getting ready to have prayer time Eva (6) wanted "to read about the two brothers, Cable?  Cable? No, what were their names?" she said. ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Savannah (5): "Mom, there are no stickers on my folder this week.  You know why?  We are practicing for next year.  Because in first grade you have to be good even without getting a sticker.  Can you believe that?" ~ Lauren in Virginia

After explaining to Austin (5) why there aren't baby chick's in eggs from the store, he says, "Well, we can sit on them to keep them warm.  Maybe that would help."  Love conversations with the little man. ~ Emily in Virginia|

Malakai (5): "I'm NOT a little kid.  I'm smaaaalll to the ground!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

The kids bought Rob cologne for Father's Day.  Tonight Eva (6) was asking what it is exaqctly.  I told her it was man perfume.  She said, "So it doesn't smell like flowers and yoummy, like your perfume.  But it probably smells like sawdust or grease."  Haha, I love my kid!! ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Me: "Amiya, why are you looking at me instead of obeying?"
Amiya (5): "Because you are so beautiful, Momma, and you are a great mom.  God job, Mommy."
Smooth talker!  Nice try, kid! ~ Danielle in Alabama







GOOD STATISTIC FOR PARENTS
Thanks to Leslie Lobdell in Arkansas for sharing this quote!

"Parents have between 3000-4000 hours a year to disciple their child. Church staff members have less than 100 hours."  Our children are our #1 mission field!

No comments: