Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Precious Gems

Thanks to all of you for your permission to include your Precious Gems in Heart to Heart and on the blog!
 
Landon (6):  "Are we really made out of dust?  But...I am allergic to dust!" ~ Danielle in Virginia 

This year we have been watching birds at our bird feeder and learning to identify them.  One day, my 10 year old son Joseph called me to come quickly.  "Mom, the porch is full of those...those...trashbirds you like."  I was confused and in looking out the window beheld about ten juncos!  Suddenly, I realized he had associated the "Junk" in junco to trash!  We all had a good laugh about that! ~ Doris in Pennsylvania
 
Someone told our 3 year old daughter, Martina, that she was adorable. Martina became quite miffed and declared, "I'n not dorable, I'n Martina." ~ Judy in Pennsylvania
 
Ben (4): "Mommy, I don't want the butter bread.  I just want the butter." ~ Sarah in Virginia
 
Our van had been giving us trouble – it wouldn’t always start – so we traded it in for another one. A few days later as we started on our errands Trenton (3 at the time) decided that “this is a good van because it starts.” ~ Judy in Pennsylvania
 
Marcus (8):  "Mom? Is it possible for a spider to crawl in your mouth and make a web?" "Uh... I guess so?" "But how is that possible when you have spit??" ~ Michelle in Virginia

Livy (21 mo.) just picked up my cereal bowl and said, "All gone." Then she asked, "Tickin?" (kitchen) and proceeded to take it to the kitchen and put it on the counter. That's my little helper! ~ Lori in Virginia

Ben's (4) version of the creation story:  "Adam and Eve ate the strawberry from the tree and they were naked."
Jeremiah's (6) version of the creation story: "Adam fell asleep, not because he ate from the tree, but because he was tired.  Then God took some of his guts." ~ Sarah in Virginia
 
Children say the cutest things. While subbing today, a kindergarten boy told me, "You really look handsome today!" ~ Rachel in Virginia

At the end of the day, a 1st grader asks me, "Mrs. Keller, when will it dry?"
Me: What will dry?
1st grader: Your hair.
I had put mousse on my hair and scrunching spray gel, so my hair had this "wet" look. ~ Rachel in Virginia

When discussing Savannah's upcoming "Star of the Day" day on Thursday, I asked her what special snack she would like to bring.  She said, "Green cupcakes with a mermaid on top."  I said I wasn't sure I could do that, and she replied in an exasperated tone, "Moooom, it's not like its hard.  You can draw a person with a tail, right?  Easy-peeesay." ~ Lauren in Virginia

Logan (3) just ran up to me saying, "I need a bang-bang!  I need a bang-bang!"  Having no idea what a bang-bang was, I was quite confused.  He then held up his thumb to show me his boo-boo which needed a bang-bang (bandaid) :) ~ Amanda in Virginia

When we visit our children and grandchildren, I usually take my sewing machine and let them know ahead of time that I'll be glad to do their mending while there, knowing they are all so busy.  Three year old Daniel has already been gathering a pile of clothing for me to mend, including a few plastic toys that are broken!  His mommy told him that Grammie can't fix the toys with her sewing machine, but he insists that I can! - Lois

Out of the blue my grandson, Daniel (3) told his mom, "There are 3 parts to God. The Holy Spirit, the Father & the Kid!"  I suppose he associated "Son" with being a "Kid," as he is! ~ Lois
 
Daniel (3) was playing with a toy character, having a conversation with him: "Mater, I liked the show that you were in ... that I used to watch in the good old days." ~ Rachael in Ohio

My daughter-in-law was telling me the prayer that our grandson, Daniel (3) prayed recently:  "Jesus, you're really going to be surprised about this!  My birthday is next month! ... Protect us from monsters, and what is that black spot on our gate?" I love that little guy!  He really knows how to carry on a good conversation with Jesus too! ~ Lois

No comments: