Friday, October 28, 2011

Precious Gems


Ladies, your Precious Gems are welcome any time!  We all need to laugh and this is a great source to bring a smile to our faces!  Aren't children such precious treasures given by the Lord?


When my grandson, Justin, was 3 years old, one evening his daddy noticed that some important checks from the top of the office desk were missing. The next morning Justin's parents asked him if he had seen the checks.  Justin gleefully replied with excitement, "That's my pirate money!"  Then he showed them where had had hidden the treasure! ~ Lois

My daughter said they have been talking about "grace" at church - getting something you don't deserve.  Our grandson, Justin (now 8), told their dog, Bailey (after he was acting up), "This is an example of grace because you so don't deserve this dog biscuit!" ~ Lois


Overheard: Annabelle (6) said to her baby sister, "Charlotte, sometimes I think you're cooler than a puppy." ~ Promise in Virginia


(To my girls, getting married means holding hands, singing, and dancing around in a circle)

Karis (4): Please marry me, Karlie!

Karlie (2): Ok, but just for a minute.

Karis: And then we can have babies! ~ Meagan in North Carolina

"I recently spent time with our daughter and her family in another state. I stayed with our two year old  granddaughter while the family went to their church family camp. The first night Samara had a difficult time going to sleep. She didn't want to go to bed! When she finally went to sleep, I thought she would be down for the night. But, she woke up crying around 11!  Evidently she was having a bad dream and calling out for her mommy. I was on her parents' bed and she wanted to lie down with me. Finally, I yielded to her wishes and she snuggled under the cover and put her head on her Daddy's pillow. As a 2-year-old does, she wiggled around, occasionally lifting her head off the pillow to look at me. Twice she scooted her little body closer to me and gave me a kiss. She also put her hand on my arm and gently stroked. She was so restless and just couldn't stay still! Then this precious little girl turned to me, folded her hands, and said "pay"!   So we did...we prayed for Mommy and Daddy and that she would have a good night, too. Shortly after our prayer, she wanted to go into her crib where she soon was sleeping soundly for the rest of the night!" ~ Nancy in PA

My granddaughter (Sarah's daughter), Halle (5), said, "Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, eating her courage away!" ~ Becky in Georgia

Wisdom from a 4 year old: "I hate it when you go through the ATM. It doesn't give out lollipops." ~ Lauren in Virginia


I told my granddaughter, Halle (5), that we were going to go wading in the creek and she said, "Who are we 'waiting' for?" ~ Becky in Georgia 


Gracie (9) says to Joel this evening: "Daddy, you have a lot of white hairs on your head.  Does that mean you're becoming a blonde?" ~ Penny in Virginia

Me: Karlie, you have scratches on your arm!  Why did kitty scratch you?

Karlie (2): I tried to put a ponytail on his tail! ~ Meagan in North Carolina


One night my grandson, Justin (8) thought he was too tired to brush his teeth before going to bed.  He pleaded with his mom, saying that he'd use twice as much toothpaste in the morning!  Didn't work!  His Paw Paw tells him to only brush the ones he wants to keep! ~ Lois


Daddy: "I brought you a surprise. These flowers are for you."

Savannah (4): "Wow! For me? I love them! Thank you!"

Momma: "You need to give Daddy a big hug and put your flowers in water."

Savannah: "I don't want to put them in water! I want to be able to carry them in my wedding."

Momma: "Well, they won't last that long, Sweetie."

Savannah: "Daddy, will you buy me more flowers for my wedding?"

Daddy: "Sure I will."

Savannah: "Okay, and make sure they are pink. Thank you, thank you!" ~ Lauren in Virginia

While watching "The Great Pumpkin" with Annabelle (6), so far I've answered - "What's a blockhead? "Why is that little boy so dirty?" "What is World War 1?" And my favorite: "Why doesn't that dog know that his house can't fly?" ~ Promise in Virginia 


I just had to share this exchange between my daughter-in-law, Kristin, and grandson, Joseph (almost 4 yrs old).  Kristin gave me permission to share it with you and for you to publish it in Heart-to-Heart if you’d like. Joseph’s brother, Samuel, recently turned 2 and baby sister, Anna, is 4 ½ months old. ~ Miranda in Hawaii
           First off, let me say that this is not a pregnancy announcement. If God wants to give us another child He can, but we're not asking quite yet--well, at least, I haven't been asking very urgently. =) This morning, though, I sat down on the couch to feed Anna, bringing with me a book I received in a birthday package yesterday, A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family, and opened to the first chapter--"Growing a Family: Are We Crazy to Want Another Baby?" As I started reading, Joseph climbed up next to me and asked, "Can you get some more children please, Mommy?" "Why do you ask that?" I replied, startled that he should say something so pertinent to what I was reading when I hadn't said anything about it--and he certainly can't read yet. "Because we only have only three [yes, there were two only's], so I want some more children, Mommy." When questioned further he first said he wanted four children. "Four more or just four--one more?" I asked as I sat at the computer typing this out. He thought a short moment, then said, "I would like five, please. Are you asking God to give us five, Mommy?" "Umm, not yet." "Why not yet?"

No comments: