Thursday, February 3, 2011

Twelve Years Since "Heart to Heart" Began

And now the "Heart to Heart" blog is ready for you: http://heartfilledhome.blogspot.com 

By now you may have had a chance to take a peek at the new Heart to Heart blog - actually two blogs, since the recipes are on a separate blog for your convenience.

Several Additional Topics about the Blogs:

There will be no subscriptions to the blogs, however, with e-mail notifications sent each time something is posted.  Since I am planning to post as often as possible (after a short break), you would not want to be bothered that often.  Some days in the last month or two I posted as many as sixty articles or segments. That would be way too many e-mails for you to receive!

Since I am posting from back newsletters, some links may no longer be active.  Please do me a favor and let me know if you come across any of those inactive links.

Please excuse the problems with spacing when copying and pasting to the blog.  It can be quite frustrating and time consuming at times.

Ladies, if you see anything posted that you had given me permission earlier to share in the newsletter, but would rather it not be included on the blog, please feel free to e-mail me to let me know, and I will be glad to remove it.  In the Precious Gems, as I said a few days ago, the last names have been removed.

Usually on a Heart to Heart anniversary I share subscriber comments, but since you can go to the blog and scroll down the Categories list to "Subscriber's Comments," I am going to skip that segment this time. 

This year I will include a dialog I was privileged to have with a gal who happen to find the blog before it was announced as many others did.  

DIALOG WITH A BRAND NEW SUBSCRIBER BEFORE THE BLOG WAS ANNOUNCED
Used by permission from Wendy in North Carolina:

Wendy:  Not sure how I stumbled upon your blog today but it must have been the Lord's work.  I find great encouragement in it and really appreciate it at this time in my life. Please keep me in your prayers that I stay focused on the Lord and have strength to fight off the devil!!   Thanks so much!

After a brief reply from me, Wendy wrote this:
Thank you so much for your reply!  It really made my day better!  You have no idea what an impact you make on people that struggle daily like myself.  I am a wife of 22 years, mother of 2 BEAUTIFUL children (4 and 12 yrs old) and struggle daily with depression and self doubt.  My family and I do attend church and I assist teaching the 4-5 year old class, however,  I have made mistakes in my past and struggle with guilt every day.  You are a ray of sunshine already to me and I appreciate your stories, recipes, and especially craft ideas! I love crafting, scrapbooking, baking, etc.  Thanks again for taking time to respond to my email. ~ Wendy

Lois:  Well, now you are blessing and encouraging me by your reply!  I so appreciate your response as well, being very honest about your daily struggles.  Regarding the guilt you said you struggle with every day, have you memorized I John 1:9?  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."  So you are forgiven - it's a done deal, as far as Jesus is concerned!  He took your sin and your guilt when He died for you, so you can be free.  "There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!"  Reading the book of I John may encourage you even more. 
       
Try checking out www.bbnradio.org, a Christian radio station which is in your state.  But online, they have a Live Chat Line and free Bible courses, which others have found to be so helpful in answering their questions.  That's not to say you should quit writing to me though, but their specialty is focusing on answering questions about life and the Bible for many people all over the world.
       
Focus on the Family is also such a huge encouragement to me as I listen to their radio broadcast almost every day.  The link at www.focusonthefamily.com will give you the times and stations in your area.
       
I wrote your name on my prayer list by the computer, and will pray that you will know the Lord's peace and His presence!  Listen to the song, "In the Presence of Jehovah" on the Heart to Heart blog - I love it, and it ministered to me so much during a very difficult time - so much so that it felt like the Lord put His loving arms around me when I just thought of the first line of the song.  It made me weep each time the words and tune came to my mind, as I was comforted by His love for me in that desperate situation!  Thankfully in the end, although the waiting was difficult, the Lord worked everything out in that very trying ordeal.

No comments: