Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Etching Glass Windows

by Nina

I put up my little windows above the door of the screened-in porch off our bedroom yesterday.  They are not perfect....but they are homemade and represent my three little birds who flew out of the nest.  A fun and easy project!

         Etching on the two small windows above the door


                                          A close-up view



Directions:

Place contact paper over the top of the glass with your pattern taped underneath.  

Trace it out with a razor knife.  

The etching cream is put on and left to sit for 5 minutes....then rinsed off in a sink. (Using rubber gloves.)  I didn't quite get it thick enough in all spots...but it's ok!

Now.... if I had a Cricut machine, that stencil cutting would be done so easily!  It's on my 'maybe' bucket list. We'll see. 

No comments: