Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Time-Saving Kitchen Tip - Garlic

by Lois Breneman

This tip will save so much time and you will have freshly minced garlic readily available to measure out for your meals when you are tired and busy.

I stumbled upon this bag of fresh peeled garlic at Walmart and grabbed it, knowing how I hate to peel garlic.  Even using the garlic press for each recipe is time consuming and can be messy. 

So today I got the idea to put all the peeled garlic into the food processor with a sharp blade and let her rip!  Instantly the garlic was minced! 

I store freshly minced garlic in a glass jar with olive oil in the refrigerator.  It has never gone bad for me.  Then when a recipe calls for minced garlic, there is no need to go through all the motions of peeling the garlic, using a garlic press, and cleaning it.  Just spoon out what you need!

No comments: