Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Precious Gems

Compiled by Lois Breneman

Thanks to all who contribute to Precious Gems!  Anyone is welcome to send kids' quotes to me at jhbreneman@juno.com to be considered for this segment.




While visiting our son's family earlier this month, I noticed Daniel (8) standing behind his daddy and Pawpaw, looking from one to the other with a very concerned look on his face. Then he asked them in a serious tone of voice, "Does baldness run in the family?" They told him it does. Poor fella! Then his Pawpaw asked if he'd rather have brains or hair, to which Daniel answered, "Hair." He probably realizes he already has good brains, since he seems to be following in his pawpaw and daddy's footsteps with a budding mechanical engineering ability. ~ Lois in Virginia

Amiya (8) to her twin brother:  "You're mostly my brother, more than my friend."
Malakai (slightly offended): "But I can be all the way your friend AND all the way your brother." ~ Danielle in Alabama


Flipping radio stations...
Malakai (8): "I like the rap song."
Me: "I didn't hear any rap songs."
Malakai: "It's the Chick-Fil-A rap song."
Me: "I've never heard it. How does it go?"
Malakai (exasperated): "You know, Mom, the sound the Chick-Fil-A wrapper makes?" ~ Danielle in Alabama

My granddaughter (2) saw white blossoms on trees as we were driving and said, "Look! Snow in the trees!" ~ Julie in Virginia

Gigi (Grandma): "Kids, you're on part of the old Santa Fe Trail!"
Malakai (8): "Huh? What? Santa takes this road?" ~ Danielle in Alabama

Mia (7): "Carter (5), there are two things you should know about sharp curves and bikes. First..." ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Malakai (8): "Mommy, every time I see you, you look shorter...and more beautiful!" 😍 ~ Danielle in Alabama

No comments: