Tuesday, December 9, 2014

How to Make a Coffee Filter Wreath (with Burlap Roses)

used with Permission by Shannon of Fox Hollow Cottage
http://foxhollowcottage.com/2012/10/how-to-make-coffee-filter-wreath-with.html
(Visit Shannon's website for a picture tutorial)

You Will Need:
1. A wreath form. (Mine is a Dollar Tree cheapy.)
2. Fabric to cover the form. (white is recommended!)
I used some white scrap fabric I had hanging around.
3. Glue and Glue Gun.
*Low temp is fine and what I used.
4. Coffee Filters! I used about 75 for my fat little wreath.
You can get these at the Dollar Tree.
5. Burlap. (optional for flowers)
You can use any fabric you like to match your decor!

Directions:
Step One-
Cut your fabric into a long strip (or 2) and wrap it around your wreath, then secure with glue. This will camouflage your wreath form and give your filters a little something more to stick to.

Step Two-
Get your filters and get comfy!
You’ll start be scrunching them up (so technical)
and getting the bottom into a point.
Then fluff out the ends and straighten up.
Finally, twist & pinch the end.

Step Three-
Start gluing. It’ll feel like a slow start to get the wreath looking full, but keep going and fill them in. I glued about a thumbs length of the twisted end section onto the wreath form.
See, it’s getting fluffier!!
I add a few to fan out on the sides and get a fuller, more uniform look.
I figure.. as long as it looks good from the front, right?
The wall won’t know ;)
I added some burlap roses to mine.
I thought it needed a little more texture and interest, which worked out great, because it’s even more versatile with that pinch of burlap.
After all that fluffing, gluing and flower making.. you should have yourself a wreath.
I think the coffee filter wreaths are sort of like fingerprints… so it won’t be exact!

Just love the wreath YOU made.
Mine is a little wonky, but it grew on me.


Lots of Christmas Ideas from Previous Newsletters!
http://heartfilledhome.blogspot.com/p/christmas.html


Lots of Recipes for Christmas!
http://heartfilledhomerecipes.blogspot.com/p/dessertsholidays.html


No comments: