Saturday, February 22, 2014

Precious Gems



I had to share something a mom I know shared about her 7 year old daughter:
Today at school for a Martin Luther King assembly, I was able to sit near Addi.  During the video it talked about little boys and girls not playing with each other if they were of a different color!  And at that moment my sweet little Addi grabbed the hand of her friend who is black.  She later told me she told her friend she would never do that, that they would always be friends! ~ Julie in Washington 
 
Me: Brooklyn, you have to wear a coat. (Frigid temperatures)
Brooklyn (3): The cold never bothered me anyway. ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
Me: "Hold my hand in the parking lot."
Brooklyn (3): "So cars don't squish me?"
Me: "Yes."
Brooklyn: "Like a pancake?"
Me: "Yes."
Brooklyn: "And like bacon? I like bacon." ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
Daddy: "Camden and Aiden, start cleaning up the den and then get the toys out of the living room."
Camden (4): "Hang on one minute, Daddy.  That does not sound like a good idea."
This boy cracks me up:) ~ Bethany in Virginia

A little boy (6) went on a roller coaster ride with his daddy.  Afterward he said it scared his belly! ~ from Michigan
 
While watching football, Ryan Elizabeth (6) said, "Whoever wins this game is who I was rooting for the whole time!" ~ Joy in Georgia

Lexi (4): What is that, Mommy?
Me: A Q-tip.
Lexi: Oh!  So you don't get yucky stuff on your fingers!
Me: Well, it's really because my fingers are too big to fit in there.
Lexi: Well I can help you! My fingers are little! ~ Vera in Virginia
 
Yesterday I sat down with Heidi (2) as she ate her yogurt and said, "Mommy wants the baby to come and it hasn't yet." Sensing I was down, she smiled at me and said "Here, let me pray for you." Then she thanked God for the baby and me in the cutest way that I wish I could remember verbatim. She gave me a huge hug, and I love how God used my precious little one to encourage me. I am so thankful for what the Lord is already doing in her heart and that she knew we needed to go to the Savior. Had the baby come...I would have missed out on this incredible blessing. ~ Rebekah in Virginia
 
Quote of the day, courtesy of Austin (6) who said, "I'm so glad I had a baby sister. She is just so sweet. Her face is so...amazing. See, just look at her!" ~ Emily in Virginia
 
Favorite part of my day at preschool was when we asked the children who was on the different coins we were studying and two of our responses were "God." ~ Nicole in Virginia
 
I had so much fun listening to Anna (6) give her baby dolls their "baths" tonight. It's obvious that we have some hot water issues when she says to them, "Okay, which ever one of you gets the last bath will have cold water." ~ Stacy in Virginia
 
(Girl and Boy Twins) Amiya (6) trying to keep Malakai (6) awake by asking if he wants to talk about race cars. Malakai adamant he doesn't want talk. Amiya says, "But I'm a girl and we're supposed to stay up all night talking." (We have a group of girls staying a couple nights this weekend). Malakai: "How bout you close your eyes, stop talking.  Be still and just go to sleep!" ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Samara (4) just had a "surprise birthday party" for me this morning. She brought special dolls, toys, blankets, etc... to the living room and set it up cute, and then she came to get me. She had me close my eyes and led me to the living room, where she presented me with a fresh glass of water, a piece of cheese, and a bag of "presents" (a few of her toys). I love playing with a 4 year old. - and she doesn't care that it's not really my b-day. She just loves to surprise me.~ Diane in Montana

I couldn't quite believe it when this sweet face just looked up at me in frustration and said, "Mom, my nail polish is jacked up." ~ Jennifer in Virginia

I've been sick and the kids (6 year old twins) asked if they could take care of me. They washed dishes, folded a basket of clean towels, and have played quietly so I can rest!  So thankful!! ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
According to Lucy (3), the snow will melt on Threesday (not Tuesday)... just so you know. ~ Naomi in Maryland
 
The other day Livy (3) was looking for her cup of milk in our bottom freezer fridge... she spotted it on the top shelf and says with indignation...MY CUP DOESN'T LIVE UP THERE! ~ Grandma Janet in Virginia
 
Brooklyn (3), talking to Harper (few months): "Roll over! Go ahead and roll!  Good girl!  Mom, her do tricks!" ~ Lauren in Virginia

Four-year-old at my lunch table: "I don't like takin' naps. Do you?"
Three-year-old at my lunch table: "Nope. But we don't have to like it. We just have to do it."
4 yo: "But I don't want to."
3 yo: "You don't have to want to. You just have to do it."
Can you tell what two of this mom's mottoes are?~ Jennifer in Virginia

No comments: