Monday, August 26, 2013

Precious Gems

Ladies, thanks for allowing me to include your children's cute quotes in Heart to Heart!  They're great!
Here's a boy who looks on the bright side of life!
Malakai (5): "If you get swallowed by a whale, it's okay, because you can exit out the blow hole!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

At the Capitol asking a policeman for directions and I hear from my five year old (a very loud) "Mommy, he smell really good...smells like peanut butter and jelly! I LOVE peanut butter and jelly!"
~ Danielle in Alabama
Wisdom from a 9 year old: "The most fun things always require cleaning up." ~ Michelle in Virginia

Me to Jocy (5): "You are as cute as a button."
Jocy to me: "You are as cute as a pancake." ~ Beth in Ohio


Me: So, what did you learn about in church today?
Austin (5): Ummmm, I don't remember...Oh wait!  I think it was something about Paul.
Me: Do you remember which story?
Austin: Um...oh yeah.  Cruella and Priscilla.  They made tents.
Me: You mean Aquilla and Priscilla?
Austin: Yeah, Gorilla and Priscilla. ~ Emily in Virginia

Joshua (12) just told me about an exercise he did at practice today that really works your "thyroid."  Hmmmm.....well, that's interesting, but it's thighs - not thyroid.  He makes me laugh! ~ Penny in Virginia


Best quote from my niece while I was cleaning tonight. "I feel like you are the eye of a hurricane and I should run!" ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Tonight Mia (4) asked me what we were having for dinner.  I replied, "Ham."   "No," she said, "What's for dinner?"  "Ham," I answered.  "Mommy, stop calling me a ham!" she said. ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
I was saying good-night to Levi (6) and he asked, in a very sad voice, "Mama, how old will you be when you die?" 
Mama: "Only God knows that, Champ, but lots of people live until they're pretty old."
Levi's reply: "Old like what----20?" ~ Rachel in Virginia
Savannah (5): "Mom, if you have a tan does your baby still get white milk?  Because I think some might get chocolate." ~ Lauren in Virginia

Tonight before tucking Samara (4) in bed, I read a book to her called "Jesus Must Be Really Special." And then we were having a conversation about God, and she said, "When people do something really bad, God hates them and be's mean to them." I told her, "No, God doesn't hate people. He loves people, but He is very sad when someone doesn't love and obey Him." Then Samara responded, referring to another book she has, about the fruits of the Spirit. She said, "Yes, and Jesus loves the children running to Him in the field. It's in my book about the begetables of the Spirit." ~ Diane in Montana
 
I told my granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth (6), that my parents almost named me Julia when I was born, and I always liked that name (or Julie).  Then with big eyes, she asked, "You mean they named you 'Grammie' instead?" ~ Lois
Mia (4) prayed tonight and said, "Thank you for Mommy, not Mommy, but a different one."  Haha, I guess we butted heads more than I thought today! ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Savannah (5): "Why does it look like a baby is in your belly?"
Me: "It just takes time to everything to go back like it was.  Bit it's getting smaller each day."
Savannah: "Yeah.  And that's good." ~ Lauren in Virginia
A man and his wife were making their first doctor visit, the wife being pregnant with their first child.  After everything checked out, the doctor took a small stamp and stamped the wife's stomach with indelible ink.  The couple was curious about what the stamp was for, so when they got home, the husband got out his magnifying glass to try to see what it was.  In very tiny letters, the stamp said, "When you can read this, come back and see me." ~ from the Biblical Parenting Update from the National Center for Biblical Parenting - parent@biblicalparenting.org.


No comments: