Friday, May 31, 2013

Precious Gems

My daughter Elizabeth came home from a field trip happy and tired. Before long she stretched out on the couch with her hands over her head and said, "Whew, I am so exaggerated!" ~Catherine in Indiana

Autumn Rose (4) saying the Pledge of Allegiance:  "I pledge allegiance to ANY flag because of the United States of America..."   Guess we need to work on that one a little bit! ~ Mary in Virginia
 
As we left (Primary Election), Savannah (5) asked why I voted for a boy.  I told her there were no girls running.  She then responded that she didn't see any boys RUNNING either, but that they were all wearing ties and shaking hands, they didn't even have any stickers for kids, and that if I was up for election she would vote for me, if she wasn't a kid, because they don't let kids vote.  Sometimes I think she might be older than 5. ~ Lauren in Virginia 
 
Picked up Malakai (5) from school and he told me, "It was a great day.  First it was morning and them it turned into afternoon and that made it a great day!"  Thank you, God, for the sweet reminder of how blessed we are and how grateful we should be for each day you've created ~ Danielle in Alabama 

It might be a good time for some upper body exercises if your kid says, "Hey Mom!  I can make your arm wiggle like a gobblin king's neck!"  But that hasn't happened to me.  I am just saying, in case it happens to you.  You know...just fyi.  :) ~ Elaine in Virginia

No comments: