Friday, August 31, 2012

A Divine Appointment While Shopping

by Annetta Elgie in Arkansas

When I got to Walmart today, there were tons of people shopping for school...lots of families.  While I was shopping I felt God tell me to give the $20.00 cash I had (leftover from vacation) to someone to help with their expenses.  So while shopping I was kind of on the lookout for someone I thought might need help. 

Well, while I was waiting in line, there was an older lady patiently waiting for her turn.  In front of her was a lady with four girls and tons of clothes and school supplies.  I thought maybe I should help 'her' ... but the poor lady (I noticed her old T-shirt and skirt, straight gray hair, and a little old purse) next in line caught my thoughts.  She only had a pair of shoes she was planning to buy.  So we both stood there what seemed forever.

When she put the shoes on the conveyor belt, she looked at me and said, "I'm only buying these shoes."
I said, "They look nice."  They were actually black canvas work type shoes - sturdy work type shoes.
She said, "Look at my old shoes." pointing down at her feet. 
I looked and could see the sole had worn off the front of her left shoe and said, "Wow, good thing you didn't stub your toe or step on anything sharp."
She: "Well, I have been careful the past month."
Me: "Has it been that long?"
She: "Been saving" ( Couldn't really understand but I think that's what she said.
So, I knew God was answering who I should help.
 
When she got up to check out, the clerk rang up her shoes ... $14.96.  I said to the clerk, "Here!...I want to pay for this little lady's shoes!''
 
She turned to me and just said, "Thank you."  And then she got her shoes and turned back and said, "I've got to tell my husband!"... with a smile on her face.  Blessing her had blessed me!

Why tell you? To encourage you to look for someone you can help this weekend or next week. There are so many people living on little Social Security checks or unemployment or no money at all...that a $20.00 bill will bless their socks off....or in her case, "her shoes!"

No comments: