Monday, May 2, 2011

Precious Gems

April, 2011
 
Ladies, if you would like to e-mail me your cute kids' quotes to be included in Heart to Heart, please do!
 
Last night while getting ready for bed, Kamyrn (4), was putting on lipstick. I asked her why she needed that for bed. She stated that if she got married in her dream, she wanted to get lipstick on the boy. ~ Lori in Ohio
 
This morning while I was in the shower Gracie (8) locked herself out of the house as she was going on the porch to play her guitar. She later tells me and sings to me the song she made up out there. "I'm all alone out here with nothing but my guitar and my dog. I hear a coyote and see a spider and I'm scared, but God is with me........" Soooo funny! ~ Penny in Virginia
 
Quotes from My Grandson, Daniel (3):
Daniel has a newborn baby brother. Before he came home, Daniel sat in the baby swing that is all ready for Andrew. I was surprised to see him sitting in it. I smiled at him and asked Daniel, "What are you doing?" Daniel told me in a matter-of-fact manner, "I'm just seeing if this fits for the summer."
 
Daniel was playing with his toys as I was in another room. Daniel came in and said, "Grammie, come and join my party at the Apple Festival! We'll go to the party barn!" When I got to the family room, I asked, "If this is an Apple Festival, where are all the apples?" He said, "Grammie, you can be a tree, and I'll pick apples from you!" Well, at least I was wearing a red shirt!

I was reading a Golden Book to Daniel before naptime - one I used to read to his Daddy. A picture showed two bunnies in a car with a longer-than-normal tail pipe. Daniel asked, "Whose tail is that?"

Daniel's mommy used to talk a good bit to Baby Andrew while he was still in her tummy. After Andrew was born, Daniel had just eaten lunch with his mommy at the Ronald McDonald House, and she commented on his tummy being bigger. Then Daniel asked, "Mommy, are you sad that Baby Andrew took away your big belly?


As we waited for Daniel's mommy and baby brother to come home from the hospital, early one morning I asked Daniel how he ended up in bed with his Daddy. He was still rather groggy, and looking a bit confused at my question, he replied, "Well, you shouldn't ask me that, because I don't know."

This next comment came because I've been caring for Daniel in his home for the past two weeks, while his mommy is at Children's Hospital with his preemie baby brother: Daniel pulled up his shirt sleeves, and said to me at breakfast, "My real mommy said I should pull up my sleeves when I eat almond butter and jelly toast."
 
I've been giving Daniel lots of small surprises during my visit, saving most for when Baby Andrew gets home. One of those surprises was Wonder Dough which came in pink and blue. We mixed it all together to make purple. The second time we played with it, Daniel, asked, "Where's the blue?" I explained how we had mixed it together to make purple, and he asked, pleadingly, "Can we unmix it?"

One the evening when Andrew and Mommy got home, when Daniel was asked if he would help change Andrew's diaper, he said, "Maybe I need gloves for that job!"

No comments: